bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | Seth Green & the New Orleans Saints | Page 1 of 2
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » seth green & the new orleans saints » page 1 of 2

Author   Thread: Seth Green & the New Orleans Saints 
    11-08-2009  8:12 PM  
 TRAE SKITTY
 User

Dec. 9, 2005

As you probably already know, the New Orleans Saints were 7-0, before the crazy game tonight, which made them 8-0. Me and my sister were talking about the last time the Saints were 7-0 in 1991, people were getting all into the spirit of things, much like they are now. She said that everytime they would make a touchdown, everyone would scream, "CHA-CHING", because of a Rally's commercial that was out at the time.

So she decided to look it up to show me and we realized the kid in the commercial is Seth Green, which surprised me because he's one of my favorite actors. Check out the videos - the first is the actual commercial and the second is a news report showing seth green in the french quarter and receiving a key to the city.

So what have we learned here?

1.) The New Orleans Saints launched Seth Green's career.

2.) It doesn't take much to get a key to the city down here in NOLA - seriously.
    11-08-2009  10:52 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Yup, I definitely remember that commercial when it was originally on the air, and my friends and I quoted way too much too.

Of course, this is the best thing that Seth Green ever did:

11-09-2009  12:18 AM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

wow seth greens hair... so thats what launched him wow lol. my fav movie of his is idle hands... which is off cuz its so chessy lol
    11-09-2009  1:47 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

LOL His 90's hair is the shit.
    11-09-2009  9:30 AM  
 merton_is_hott
 User

Jun. 5, 2002

Wow. Hair!
    11-09-2009  1:49 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

i love it
    11-09-2009  6:39 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

Oh Seth Green! You are teh shit!

Did anyone see the episode of Heroes where he had a cameo? I don't know why but this thread just reminded me of it.
    11-09-2009  6:42 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

i didnt even kno he guest starred on it.
    11-09-2009  10:28 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

Yeah it's in the second season I do believe. I was watching it on Netflix the other day cause I don't have cable anymore.
    11-10-2009  2:06 AM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

me neither i just moved out of my parents house and into a place of mine so i cnat afford having extrap bills right now
    11-10-2009  8:51 AM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I just never really watch TV. It's like the last thing I think of to ever do so I only really watch it when I'm extremely bored. Netflix is awesome on the other hand cause I can watch it at my convenience and I'm a major movie buff so I'd rather watch movies than TV anyways. I do like watching TV series and stuff but I wouldn't remember to watch a certain show at a certain time every week or anything (the last time I ever did that was with BWOC. Lol!). If I have it on Netflix I can just watch it whenever, back to back episodes. It is awesome!

Is it just me or did I just kind of sound like a cheesy advertisement for Netflix?
    11-10-2009  12:05 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

ooh bwoc was the first show i ever followed. i have been doing house md the for the past oh two years however i am lost as to whats happening this season. it all seemed to go down hill anyways after kal penn left house for obama.... why ? WHYYY
    11-10-2009  6:50 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Quote:
Yeah it's in the second season I do believe.

Depressingly, I can say for sure that it's halfway through season 3. I hate Heroes but watch it every week and pick it up on Blu-ray anyway.
    11-10-2009  7:15 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

Ah I knew it was in season 2 or 3. I don't like the show that awful much but my sister and her boyfriend were watching it so I want to finish it just because I'm anal like that with shows. I have to watch it all the way through. And then the ones I absolutely love (BWOC, Six Feet Under, 21 Jump Street) I'll just watch obsessively over and over again. Lol.

But yeah, back to Heroes. Everyone seems to have the same view on it which is the first season was good but after that the show just went down hill. Which I can definately see because there are so many characters and so many plot lines that it just makes it seem like a great big soap opera only with people with special powers.

My view on crazy over the top plot lines is it can be done well but it's hard to do because if it's over done it's just too much to handle and things just become unrealistic and unconventional. Kinda like what happened with the POTC movies. The first one was awesome because it was original and witty and just had an overall good plot with not too many complications. But as soon as more money was involved the writers and everyone seemed to be like "Oh! We have to top the first one How can we do that.... CRAZY MULTIPLE PLOT LINES THAT'S HOW!" The second one was tolerable and the third one just got on my nerves because you can tell they just took the big blockbuster budget and did everything they could to try and top themselves which, in the end, I think backfired. I still own all three of the movies because I'm a major Johnny Depp fan but I bet everyone in the theatre when I saw it was mad at my friend and I because all the way through the 3rd one we were just going "Holy shit that was stupid" and stuff like that.
    11-10-2009  7:58 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

if u dont like it why watch it?
    11-10-2009  8:47 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Habit. Misguided hope that maybe it'll get better. For a while there, Kristen Bell.
    11-10-2009  9:32 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

It's not that I don't like it. I find it interesting. I'm just saying it's not the best in my book and never will be. I watch it when I'm bored.

And yeah Kristen Bell was in it for awhile but I never really liked her character. She was kind of annoying and it felt like the writer's didn't really know what to do with her which is sad cause I like her as an actress.
    11-10-2009  10:19 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

The writers backpedaled. They introduced her as a sociopathic nutjob who'd spent almost her entire life under lock and key, and then the next season, the flashbacks show her as sympathetic, well-adjusted, and out in the field. I guess it's not any different than Sylar going from good to bad to good to bad to it's not his fault to the eighth different character who's supposed to be his mother to...

I wrote a ridiculously long rant about season 3:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/38332/heroes-season-3/
    11-10-2009  10:36 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

eh the only reason i had watched lost was becuse of dominic monaghan but they killed him off and i was like ok... well onto a diffrent show.
    11-10-2009  10:44 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic that's been running for a few years now is even worse than Heroes, yet for some reason, I keep buying that too.
    11-10-2009  11:21 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I will definately read your Heroes rant after I finish the 3rd season. I'll hold off for now incase of spoilers. Lol.
    11-11-2009  11:33 AM  
 medb_of_light
 User

Mar. 26, 2001

That blows about Buffy. I've moved to a town with NO comic book anything and have gotten way behind on it and the Angel stuff. Which yeah, they were already getting lame when I was still up on em, but I still stick with them. I just love the characters too much.

11-12-2009  10:06 AM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

i personally think buffy started going down hill when seth Green left the show to be on the big screen.
    11-12-2009  12:19 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I didn't even know Seth Green was in Buffy. I haven't seen a single episode of that show in my entire life. Lol.
    11-12-2009  12:30 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

Seth Green was a werewolf. A WEREWOLF. Who played guitar. Watch the second season; you'll thank me.

As for Heroes, I've seen all of season one, half of season three, and all of this new season so far. I actually think season four is really good and miles away from season three. I've heard season two was abysmal and if the sloppy runover into season three was any indication I don't think I'm missing much. Season three went as such: season one ripoff, someone gets captured, they escape, they get captured, they escape, they get captured, Matt's a terrorist, why the hell is Mohinder still here?

I'm sad that next week's episode will be about Mohinder. I really think if his character died no one would be sad.
    11-12-2009  1:28 PM  
 Milary
 User

Mar. 18, 2009

i loved Oz. i thought him and willow made a cute couple. However when he left she became a lesbian and went out with that other witch, and broke Ozs puppy dog heart. so ending his time on buffy however he did appear in angel one or two times.
    11-12-2009  9:24 PM  
 lycanthropy_mast
 User

Feb. 10, 2001

Quote:
and broke Ozs puppy dog heart

BAH! Oz couldn't deal with the wolf in him, so he left. Therefore, that mangy mutt broke HER heart. Then he came back expecting all to be fine. Very poor judgment on his part.
    11-12-2009  9:37 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I think one reason the second season of Heroes sucked so much is because it was during the whole writer's strike I think.
    11-12-2009  9:46 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

I know, but how is taking everyone's powers away supposed to make a show about people with powers interesting?
    11-12-2009  10:35 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Quote:
I think one reason the second season of Heroes sucked so much is because it was during the whole writer's strike I think.

Season 2 was cut short because of the strike, but it was bad waaaaaay before that ever happened. (The original ending had the virus being unleashed in Texas, which means everyone would've had an excuse to eat at the Burnt Toast Diner again.)

Quote:
BAH!

Supposedly Oz's story was supposed to run throughout the whole season, but because Seth Green decided to take off, it was all crammed into a couple of episodes.