bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | Watchmen
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » watchmen

Author   Thread: Watchmen 
    3-07-2009  11:15 PM  
 merton_is_hott
 User

Jun. 5, 2002

Anyone see it yet?
I saw it today, and I must say, I really enjoyed it. I had high expectations because I had read the comic and enjoyed it. I thought the basic plot was covered very well. And this is coming from someone who hates it when movies stray the least bit from the book.
Then again...maybe I enjoyed it because I read the comic last year...hmmmm.
Any other thoughts?
    3-09-2009  11:45 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I saw it on Saturday and I thought it was decent. And this is coming from someone who isn't big on the comic book movies. For a super hero movie it didn't have much action in it. More of a character building thing which I thought was interesting. I just wanted to see it because the guy who wrote this comic also did V for Vendetta I heard and I liked the movie when I saw it.
    3-10-2009  10:40 PM  
 TRAE SKITTY
 User

Dec. 9, 2005

I actually really liked this movie. It was a little too long, when Dr. Manhattan rambled, my mind wandered else where. Just because you're glowing and you're naked doesn't mean you can talk about anything and I'll still be interested.

But overall, it was an awesome movie!
    3-11-2009  12:37 AM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

I'm a huge fan of the comic, so I kept my hopes for the movie in check, as most comic book movies are good as movies but disappointing in comparison, and I didn't wanna be too let down as Watchmen's in my top five, but I was really fuckin' happy with how it turned out. I noticed the changes, but they were so minor that they didn't bother me at all (besides part of the ending which was a bigger change, but I agree with the change - made more sense for a movie than the original part of the ending in the comic would have... keeping that vague in case people want to read the comic, hahaha).

The actors they got were perfect (though I was just the teensiest bit disappointed with Jupiter, but she was still good). Especially Comedian, Nite Owl and Rorschach. Ah, I could probably go on for hours, but I won't.
Lucifer
    3-11-2009  2:15 PM  
 merton_is_hott
 User

Jun. 5, 2002

Yeah, I was really preparing myself for a huge letdown, but I was not disjointedness at all.
Everyone was indeed perfect. Makes me want to read it again!
Haha
And I agree, the ending works much better for a movie.
    3-12-2009  2:08 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

I haven't read the comic, but the movie just bored me too much. I know there was a message there, but there was just too much monologuing and it was way too long. I think it could have cut out half the monologues and made the same point.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was good though, but I just liked him in Supernatural so I'm biased, ha ha. Actually, all of the actors were really good, I just didn't like the movie.
    3-12-2009  12:24 PM  
 Mar
 User

Dec. 5, 2006

Saw it last night. In IMAX. Amaaaaazing. Of course, it helps that I'm a fan of the comic. I'm surprised they stuck to it as well as they did (enough that in certain dialogues I was like "Ah, they left out this line"), and I don't mind the changes, because if they'd left certain things in the movie would have topped three hours.

I have to say, though, my favorite part of the movie was the opening credits. The part that goes to "Times Are A'Changing".

The music choices in the movie were tops; I really love the feel they gave certain scenes. Though I have to say, "Ride of the Valkyries" got a laugh out of everyone when it maybe wasn't supposed to.
    3-15-2009  7:56 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I'd have to agree that my favorite part of the movie was the credits as well. It was just awesome.