bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | Harry Potter 6 teaser trailer!
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » harry potter 6 teaser trailer!

Author   Thread: Harry Potter 6 teaser trailer! 
    7-29-2008  8:28 PM  
 AshMarie0788
 User

Sep. 11, 2004

Because I know some of you hear are Harry Potter fans, I thought I'd share this if you haven't seen it yet. It just came out today, anyway.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-GB&brand=&vid=bc682eef-e76b-467a-9684-2ffebc997b91
    7-30-2008  12:51 AM  
 Mar
 User

Dec. 5, 2006

Oo. Shiny things.
    7-30-2008  5:09 PM  
 Jaymz
 User

Jul. 13, 2003

I think I just peed my pants a little.

7-30-2008  5:20 PM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

*sigh* I know I'm just being picky, but I'm still annoyed at how "dark" they're making these movies. I know the books had some serious shit in them, but they were still, in the end, just books about a young boy's magical adventures. Not the gothic adventures of emo Harry in the poorly lit hallways of England.

Besides all that, excited to see it. Haha.
Lucifer
    7-30-2008  5:31 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

I like how dark they are, personally. The books have a lot of really, really dark elements to them... they AREN'T happy-go-lucky stories. I was disappointed in the first two movies because they sucked all the darkness out of the stories. The fourth movie hit a good balance. I'm hoping the next one has the same balance of dark and light.
    7-31-2008  7:04 PM  
 Jen
 User

Jun. 10, 2002

To be fair, I think that the books did get a great deal "darker" as they went on. Much more violence, sadness, and the like.

Hopefully this movie will be good. I was sorely disappointed with the second, third, and fourth films, and the fifth only slightly redeemed itself for me.

(I suppose my problem is that I enjoy the books so much.)

[deviant]

7-31-2008  7:41 PM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

I think the first and second movies followed the books very well and while the third rearranged some scenes and took a few things out, it was much longer than the first two so that was understandable. The fourth and fifth movies were where they had to take pretty big chunks out, and again while I understand they have a time limit, I was really disappointed in some of the scenes they decided to skip - a lot of them were very character-building scenes. But all in all, still good movies.
Lucifer
    7-31-2008  9:55 PM  
 Jaymz
 User

Jul. 13, 2003

I think its best to try to think of the movies and books as apples and oranges. Both a fruit but both are different. So even though the movies are supposed to be based on books, when held and looked at seperatly they're good as they are. As with the books, also very good and obviosuly more in depth. ... umm so i think in a roundabout sort of way what I'm trying to get at is,it's best to watch the movies while fighting off that voice inside that's yelling out everything hey've missed or changed lol.

8-01-2008  5:17 PM  
 AtTwelve34
 User

Jul. 29, 2008

Apparently they have been doing everything in their power to not let this film be rated R. (The last ones most likely will be.) Order was originally rated R because of the detention scene with Umbridge but they cut down the amount of blood to get the rating of PG-13. But this one will have an unrated version on DVD.

The trailer...little Lord Voldemort isn't handsome enough. He's just scary. He also doesn't seem to hold the same air of charisma the actor from Chamber did.

Also, I dislike how they left out the one part where he screams after Dumbledore for burning his things. It's kinnnd of a plot point to me because later on in the book he says something like "It's been a long time since I could force you to repent your crimes with a burning wardrobe." Whatever. This movie is still bound to kick ass though with David Yates.
    8-01-2008  5:20 PM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

Rated R for... a bloody hand?

I've seen WAY worse in a lot of PG-13 movies and some PG movies nowadays should honestly have a PG-13 label. How the hell would Harry Potter get an R rating?
Lucifer
    8-01-2008  5:23 PM  
 AtTwelve34
 User

Jul. 29, 2008

I guess when it was reviewed it was too gorey.

But the sectumsempra scene is definitely their biggest obstacle for the rating. I'm interested to see how that comes out.

They better not ignore it...
    8-01-2008  6:04 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

That's a good point. Sectumsempra is one of those plot points that really, really shouldn't be left out. Maybe they'll just allude to it to keep the gore out, and if there really is an unrated version, do more than allude to it.
    8-01-2008  6:17 PM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

Maybe instead of blood gushing out they'll make it like a burning slash. You'll see the slash, but on the body it'll just be this black line. I remember seeing similar things done in movies to keep gore within a limit.
Lucifer
    8-01-2008  9:10 PM  
 AtTwelve34
 User

Jul. 29, 2008

You're onto something about the slash. What if they made it resemble a gash from a whip? There wouldn't be blood splurting everywhere but if they make it long enough--say a couple feet and some change--the message will be clear.
    8-04-2008  11:24 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

I agree with Nory on not really liking the fitst two movies. I felt like the effects could have been a lot better but I believe Chris Columbus is notorious for using that kind of special effects in his movies. But I could see why the first two would have more of a "happy-go-lucky" feel to them seeing as how all of the main characters were young and probably didn't really know even half of the dark shit they were getting themselves into. I'm not a big Harry Potter fan but I did like the other movies so I'm anxious to see how this one turns out.

Oh, and, I read the book a long time ago and it was only once so can someone please refresh my memory as to what this sectumsempra is?
    8-05-2008  12:01 AM  
 Mar
 User

Dec. 5, 2006

Giant cut that can't be healed by anything but the counterspell.
    8-05-2008  12:07 AM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

http://www.hp-lexicon.info/magic/spells/spells_s.html#sectumsempra
    10-04-2008  5:28 PM  
 Mr.Such
 User

Oct. 2, 2008

where are you lord voldemort you most popular movie
    10-04-2008  9:14 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta