bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | Anne Hathaway as Catwoman?
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » anne hathaway as catwoman?

Author   Thread: Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? 
    1-19-2011  6:56 PM  
 TRAE SKITTY
 User

Dec. 9, 2005

So I just saw that they are casting Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. I'm not happy about the news at all.

She's not a horrible actress, I'm just not fond of her. They say that she has box office appeal but, she doesn't have that Catwoman appeal. She's a very average actor, in my opinion. Although it seems impossible, you have to outshine Michelle Pfeiffer. I just don't think that she has what it takes to do that.

I think someone like Scarlett Johansson or Eliza Dushku would have been better. Maybe Hathaway will surpirse me, but I have little faith.
    1-19-2011  8:15 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Forget Pfieffer, go watch some Julie Newmar. Now that was Catwoman.

my mind

"We're all gay inside."- Justin
"My man parts squee'd in happiness."-Justin
"You make God cry at his puny orgasm."-Justin in chat
"One liners are fun. Mine just shit genius."- me

1-19-2011  9:10 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Quote:
So I just saw that they are casting Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. I'm not happy about the news at all.

Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley were also up for the part, and as much as I like them both, I think both would've been lousy choices for Catwoman too. ...although every one's been careful to say "Selina Kyle" rather than "Catwoman" (whereas they straight-up say "Bane"), so who knows what they'll wind up doing?

That balancing act of elegance, sex appeal, and agility is really tough to pull off. I don't know who I'd cast. I guess Rachel Weisz could actually nail all three. Maybe Eva Green? I might have said Kate Beckinsale once upon a time, but she's kind of a terrible actress.

Why didn't I think of Olivia Wilde? That could work. Emily Blunt would be a good contender too.
 [edited by Adam on 01-20-2011 12:02 AM]
    1-21-2011  8:08 PM  
 TRAE SKITTY
 User

Dec. 9, 2005

Julie Newmar was a beast! She's a close second to Pfieffer. That's just me though.

I definately would have liked to see Emily Blunt play the role. I think that would have been epic!