bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Episode Trading | Getting a dedicated server!!!
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » episode trading » getting a dedicated server!!!

Author   Thread: Getting a dedicated server!!! 
    8-25-2005  1:19 AM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Hey, just so you all know, I aam finally getting a dedicated server! It is costing a lot but hopefully I can offest the costs a little bit by hosting some websites and the google ads. This means that I WILL be able to host the episodes for everyonee! I have plenty of bandwidth, and can always get more, this will be a good connection on the server. It will take about a week for them to set up the server, and about a week for me to get familiar with the server, but some time within the next week or so I should start putting episodes up! If you have a lot of episodes, please let me know and I can give you and FTP account so you can upload them to the server. Any questions, email me at dewknight[at]gmail.com

http://www.dewknight.com/bigwolf
 [edited by dewknight on 08-30-2005 12:20 AM]
    8-25-2005  1:27 AM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

You should add a donate button, too. Paypal or something... er, if it doesn't void their terms of service.

I've never gotten the hang of FTP servers, otherwise I might help out with that. Heh.
    8-25-2005  2:02 AM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Nobody ever seems to donate when I have those up, which is why I have pretty much given up on them.
    8-25-2005  2:06 AM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

I would, but I have no money. Heh.
    8-25-2005  9:28 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

Good news, Dew--I did some work for my dad and it looks like he's made some effort to help me out with the DVDs to send you. Hopefully soon we'll work out the cost (he did ask a co-worker about Paypal and the cost) and I'll e-mail you and let you know what the final cost is. That is, if you still want the DVDs . . . I still have them made and by my computer, anyhow.
    8-25-2005  10:28 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Dedicated server is up. Anybody who wants to help upload episodes let me know! email is: dewknight[at]gmail.com . I will be uploading the episodes I do have throughout the night.

I don't have any money currently.. maybe next paycheck. or the one after that I might have some extra cash.
    8-26-2005  12:06 AM  
 Katie
 User

Jul. 7, 2005

i'd be interested in buying dvds
    8-27-2005  2:58 PM  
 St.JimmyRules
 User

May 30, 2005

i have a lot
    8-28-2005  8:31 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Finishing uploading the rest of season 1 and all of the episodes I have in season 2 right now. All of the episodes will be at http://www.laogaming.com/bigwolf for those of you who don't want to deal with YouSendIt or megaupload.
    8-28-2005  9:37 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Actually, the actual episodes are going to be on the LaoGaming.com, but I will have that same page I had up before with links to download the episodes at http://www.dewknight.com/bigwolf
    8-30-2005  7:47 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

All episodes that I have are now on my server. I basically have all of the same episodes as that stjimmy guym except that I also have the manchurian werewolves one.

http://www.dewknight.com/bigwolf
    8-31-2005  9:16 AM  
 Murdog
 User

Aug. 8, 2005

wow
    9-03-2005  4:25 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

so far, 12 gigs of Big Wolf has been downloaded offof my site. I have many more gigs of bandwidth.. keep downloading everyone!
    9-12-2005  9:05 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

50 gigs downloaded, looks like most of the traffic is on Season 1 (which I guess can be explained by the fact that we have every episode of season 1 available).

So does anybody have any of the episodes that aren't up my my server yet? If so,let me know at dewknight [at] gmail.com and we can get them up there.
    11-15-2005  6:12 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Well, sadly the dedicated server is going to have to stop. I do not have $90 a month to pay for this, and I am just not getting enough (read: none at all) through ads. Hopefully I can cncell before the next payment (the 25th). If not then it will be up a month longer. Sorry to all.
    11-15-2005  8:44 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

Holy crap, it's $90 a MONTH? O.o;; There's GOT to be a cheaper webspace out there.
    11-15-2005  10:00 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

This isn't just web space, this is a dedicated server. The price I am getting is actually discounted, normally this server would be around $150 - $175 per month, but it was in a special when I got it, and I am also a moderator on my hosting company's forums, so I got a big discount. I had gotten the server originally because I was not allowed to host any of the episodes on a shared webspace, as there were copyright issues. With a dedicated they really don't care.
    11-16-2005  12:28 AM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

I don't see why there should be copyright issues, personally. It's not readily available to the public, you aren't getting a profit, etc. lol

Thanks for explaining that to me. ^_^
    11-16-2005  4:29 PM  
 Horseman Dude
 User

Jul. 4, 2005

DewKnight, before I post my question, I just have to say that your site is amazing. It's helped me download all the episodes that I couldn't before.

I just have a problem downloading "What's Vlud Got to Do With It?" and "What's the Story, Mourning Corey?".

For a reason I don't know I can play both on my computer, they just won't save. If you could help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    11-16-2005  5:05 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Have you tried right clicking and choosing to save them? I will put them in zip files real quick and upload them, that way you can try to save them that way.. give me about half an hour
    11-16-2005  5:34 PM  
 Horseman Dude
 User

Jul. 4, 2005

Yup, that's how I've been getting all the episodes, except those two don't seem to work. Thank you for the help!
    11-16-2005  6:01 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Try this, it is episodes 16 and 19 of season 3: http://www.dewknight.com/bigwolf/16-and-19.zip
    11-16-2005  6:16 PM  
 Horseman Dude
 User

Jul. 4, 2005

Thank you much Dew Knight, it's worked! As thanks, I'm uploading "A Clip Show: The Kiss of Death" so that you can hopefully put it on your site. I'll send you the link when it's done.
    11-16-2005  6:19 PM  
 dewknight
 User

May 10, 2005

Awesome man, I'll upload it as soon as it's up