bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | nawww, I miss you guys!
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » nawww, i miss you guys!

Author   Thread: nawww, I miss you guys! 
    4-16-2010  1:08 AM  
 Austin
 User

Nov. 25, 2001

I just saw Danny in a commercial and was like... LOL and then immediately after I was like... oh yeah... THE forum. Why don't I go there anymore.

Hopefully I will make an effort to come hang out more often. I have trouble with forums these days.

Just so this isn't completely pointless... UPDATES! I want to know what's up with you guys.

Here's mine.
I work at a film school on Galiano Island, as the technical director, I also work at the Harry Potter Alliance, I was doing a lot of things with YouTube, but that kind of fizzled out. I've been working on a lot of big budget films in Vancouver, as well as indies, one webseries you guys might be interested in (or are already interested in) called Riese (http://www.riesetheseries.com/).
I am moving to the UK in November going to try to find a production company or similar to work at for the 5 years needed to get residency.

Edit: Oh gosh, I need to change my signature. *goes to figure out/remember how to do that*

Add Me to Skype: xsolarxsisterx

| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Livejournal | Photography |
    4-16-2010  1:49 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

That's awesome! Not much going on here, I've been making video reviews.
    4-19-2010  6:46 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

Long time no see Austin! I know we're friends on facebook but it's just not the same without the forum! Lol.

Sounds like you've been pretty busy with the film stuff. That is so awesome! Sounds like fun! How did you get into that in the first place? I'm actually graduating from film school in about a month. I plan on staying in Chicago and doing freelance work/internships until I can get a steady job at a post house or ad agency editing commercials and what not. Or just any post production jobs I can find. We'll just see where the road takes me I guess.
    4-21-2010  4:32 PM  
 Austin
 User

Nov. 25, 2001

I just went there once, and then interned and then eventually the Technical Director position opened up and I applied and got it. I didn't do any schooling for the film/television industry. It's really who you know. I'm good at schmoozing. Just get in there and start meeting as many people as possible, and when you do get jobs, don't let them see you slacking.

As much as I love film I am actually only planning to work in it for this year and then the 5 years it takes me to gain residency in the UK, after which I have no formal plan yet but I plan to go to school to get a Masters in Astrophysics. I may be able to stay in the film industry while doing that, but probably not because we work hard core hours. I'm taking some things here, online and have been during the fall, but once I'm in the UK I won't have the proper visa (or the money I'd imagine) to continue.

After all that I might go back to film... haha. I have no plan.

4-22-2010  12:52 PM  
 Duckarooni
 User

May 10, 2002

Astrophysics? That sounds intense!
I plan on staying in the film business as long as possible. I freaking love the industry and am going to try my darndest to get a good paying job. It's just hard to actually get into the business but after you're in you can find jobs no problem. I have some connections through my fellow students and the companies I interned for but I've only had a handful of paid gigs and they weren't very much. I'll probably end up getting a part time job doing something else and then get another internship somewhere and just stick around there until they offer me an actual job. Lol!
    4-22-2010  11:59 PM  
 Austin
 User

Nov. 25, 2001

That's totally what you have to do though. I did a lot of free things before I started getting paid for things.

I've work on some awesome films now though and I work at a film school. I am going to have to find something as awesome in the UK.

It's not that I don't love the film industry, I am just super into Astronomy & Physics, especially Astronomy. I'm going to work my ay up in the film industry and then throw it out and switch professions. haha.