bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | Danny Phantom On DVD
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » danny phantom on dvd

Author   Thread: Danny Phantom On DVD 
    10-07-2008  6:07 PM  
 adamspva
 User

Feb. 3, 2001

Yes, it's true, Danny Phantom is finally on DVD. Is this good news? Um, yes and no.

See, the thing is this, the DVDs are ONLY available through Amazon.com. IE: You can't get them anywhere else...unless someone sells their copy on Ebay or something.

Now, I should point out that these DVDs are basically Burn-On-Demand. In other words, you order the DVDs, and then Amazon.com burns them onto a blank DVD for them. It's really not that different from you or I burning episodes with a DVD burner ourselves.

Currently, you can get either the Season 1 or Season 2 DVD sets. Sounds good, right? Well...here's the thing. It's NOT the entire first or second season. The so-called First Season DVD basically has the first thirteen episodes of the actual first season, while the so-called Second Season DVD has the rest of the actual first-season episodes and the start of the actual second-season. Most causal fans will be able to overlook this error, while die-hard fans will be disappointed by Nickelodeon's laziness.

The covers look nice, but are pretty basic as well. IE; They're pretty, but there's really nothing that makes them stand out in a crowd.

Ok, I know what you're asking now-Is the content of the DVDs themselves any good?

My answer-Yes, and no. The episodes themselves look amazing. The picture quality is incredible to say the least. If you're only buying the DVDs to watch the episodes, then I'd say it's worth it.

However, if you're like me, and you want more, then you're going to be a little disappointed. Why? The DVDs have little else to offer. There are NO special features whatsoever. No behind the scenes clips, no interviews with the cast and crew, no audio commentary, no previews, and no concept art either. All you get are the episodes to watch.

With that in mind, I'd still say to check out the DVDs anyway. Despite the lack of content, they're basically the only DVD releases of Danny Phantom that are out so far. Now, the prices tend to fluctuate on Amazon.com (Last time I checked, they were around $30-$40), so I suggest anyone who's interested to wait until the prices go down. Those who are interested in the DVDs only so they can watch the show will enjoy these releases. As for those who were expecting something more, I'd say, still get the DVDs. It's highly unlikely Nickelodeon is gonna release anything better regarding our favorite half-ghost hero.
    10-07-2008  6:58 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

tl;dr
    10-07-2008  9:31 PM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

sage
Lucifer
    10-08-2008  3:52 PM  
 Loup
 User

Dec. 13, 2000

I really didn't care much for Danny Phantom, but I still love Fairly Odd Parents...

<3