I'msooosad!
 User

Oct. 17, 2007

anyone like the couple?
    10-17-2007  11:20 PM  
 Mar
 User

Dec. 5, 2006

Eh, they're okay, but it annoyed me how Tommy always agreed with whatever she said, even if he didn't know what it meant. However, I did like what happened in Time and Again between them, before the confession was undone.

But anyway, I like the Tommy/Merton/Lori tripling better.
    10-18-2007  12:37 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

I thought they were an adorable "classic" couple. I like that he went out of his way to impress her and always agree with her- It was funnier that way.
    10-18-2007  3:35 PM  
 I'msooosad!
 User

Oct. 17, 2007

I don't like the Lori Merton and Tommy love triangle. It's kind of...boring. what makes Lori better? Because she can box? stacey was also way prettier
    10-18-2007  5:38 PM  
 Loup
 User

Dec. 13, 2000

because her breasts are so much bigger.
    10-18-2007  5:41 PM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

Tomboys are also way better in bed.
Lucifer
    10-18-2007  8:35 PM  
 MaidM
 User

Mar. 7, 2007

Don't shoot me - but I actually like Stacey better than Lori. Yes, Lori is kick-ass and snarky, but I often felt like the writer's were over-doing it trying to make her a "strong female character". She was too good at everything. Tough, pretty, popular, smart. I liked it when they first introduced the character and she had a more rebellious streak and didn't seem to fit in with the rest of Pleasantville high. That was more realistic. After they made her all girly I got bored.

Anyway, after that huge rant, I am going to talk a bit about why I liked Stacey. I thought that Stacey was a nice mix of opposing characteristics. She was a cheerleader, but she was a feminist. She was a good student, but didn't have a great deal of common sense (and believe me, I know A LOT of people like that!) Even though all the guys went ga-ga over her, she still seemed to have a lot of selk-respect and didn't act like a slut, or play with anyone's emotions. And despite her popularity, she was a sweet person. She talked with Merton nicely and never made fun of him, and stuck with Tommy when his popularity was failing.

I think what I like about Stacey most was that she seemed to me more realistic. I know a lot of Staceys: pretty, book-smart, and popular, but without a lot of common sense, and in the end, a very sweet person. I don't really know any Lori's, especially after they girly-ed her up.

I also think that Stacey and Tommy were a much better match. Tommy's a hero, and he liked having someone to rescue. Stacey was more than willing to oblige. Tommy and Lori ultimately didn't work out because Lori would not play along with this. Tommy and Lori worked much better as a crime fighting team than as a couple.

And I agree, I was never keen on the Tommy-Lori-Merton love triangle. I liked that Merton apparently never had any feelings for Stacey beyond that she was hot and stayed out of their dynamic.

Anyway, that's my rant. I've actually been wanting to say most of that stuff for a while.

*runs and hides on corner*
    10-18-2007  10:18 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

I agree with ya! Though I liked the love triangle. And yes, Lori got all girly and uninteresting...they had to make more room for Merton episodes. -_-

I liked that Stacey was kind of dense and chewed Tommy out sometimes.
    10-18-2007  10:28 PM  
 Dildo Of Doom
 Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 14, 2002

Stacey was a slut.
    10-18-2007  10:33 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

lol She was putting Tommy's hand up her shirt.

I think they made her slutty in the beginning before they figured out her character.

"Tommy, we're in a public place!"
    10-18-2007  10:46 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

There was character development?

my mind

"We're all gay inside."- Justin
"My man parts squee'd in happiness."-Justin
"You make God cry at his puny orgasm."-Justin in chat
"One liners are fun. Mine just shit genius."- me

10-18-2007  11:01 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

Sure. She realized her fuzzy blue shirt looked stupid and stopped wearing it. It was a very moving bit.
    10-18-2007  11:23 PM  
 Lucifer
 User

May 12, 2005

LOL @ Lupa.
Lucifer
    10-18-2007  11:34 PM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

10-19-2007  1:40 AM  
 Austin
 User

Nov. 25, 2001

I prefer Lori.

And that's all I have to say about that.

/gump.

Add Me to Skype: xsolarxsisterx

| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Livejournal | Photography |
    10-27-2007  11:37 PM  
 tntrules
 User

Oct. 5, 2007

Lori's better.

Of course Stacey's a slut, not much people date seniors when their in sixth grade lol.