bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Random Noise | Community..
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » random noise » community..

Author   Thread: Community.. 
    5-24-2012  12:19 AM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

Man, I don't know if anyone else watches this show but Holy crap is NBC trying to kill it. If you've never seen it, go watch a few episodes somewhere.

I just want to know if anyone has any thoughts on this.
    5-24-2012  1:14 AM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

One of my favorite shows actually. Basically, NBC wanted to get rid of it even before the first season ended, but fans of the show freaked out and kept it on the air. Once again the show is in a rough patch, but luckily, they've been renewed for a 4th season, but only a small order of 13 episodes. Although it may seem like the end of the show, since they only ordered 13, but in reality, NBC normally does that anyway, and then extends them.
    5-24-2012  1:47 AM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

lol was not expecting that quick of a reply, I thought the thread was gonna be empty a few days but anyways....

well It's my favorite show right now and I think it sucks that NBC put it in the friday slot where tv shows go to die. I think the only show that did good in the friday slots was Fringe. They also fired Dan Harmon the creator of the show so the quality of the 4th season may not be as good as the first three seasons.
    5-24-2012  11:16 AM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

Even fringe didn't do that well on fridays. They sent it there to end its run basically. Which is why next season is the last for fringe.

What I think happened with Community is that, since Chevy and Dan were always feuding with eachother, it hit it's breaking point, and they had to choose between a star of their show or Dan. Sadly, losing a star would potentially lead to an audience loss, which might not happen with Dan leaving. Bad idea in my opinion. Should have just had them work out their problems.
    5-31-2012  12:25 AM  
 OHYEAHshesarobot
 User

Nov. 19, 2009

well i know that dan harmon has that rep of being an asshole but so does chevy. I don't know I just feel like it was used as an excuse to get rid of him so that nbc can cash in on the last season and screw the show over for some of the more marketable shows