bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Actors And Stuff | Apparently, Danny is broke?
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » actors and stuff » apparently, danny is broke?

Author   Thread: Apparently, Danny is broke? 
    4-04-2012  7:37 PM  
 Lucsteria
 User

Apr. 4, 2012

So I came across this vid on Youtube today about Danny Smith asking strangers online for a 4-song EP. Damn, times are really tough then!

http://youtu.be/N9cJl366_xc
    4-05-2012  3:16 AM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

There's no way he's broke. I see him in a new commercial everyday, and those pay pretty decent actually. He just doesn't have 5K to throw around.
    4-20-2012  10:35 PM  
 Captain Lauren
 User

Dec. 7, 2002

C'mon, Danny. Get it together.

Hasn't it been said on here before that he's been really cocky and a bit of an ass lately? I mean, on one hand I can understand where he's coming from, but really, come on Danny.

I was also under the impression he had already recorded songs/a full length CD with The City Drive?
    4-22-2012  4:51 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

The City Drive broke up about 3 or 4 years ago.

And yes he's become the biggest hipster douche on the planet. His facebook is all kinds of hilarious.

my mind

"We're all gay inside."- Justin
"My man parts squee'd in happiness."-Justin
"You make God cry at his puny orgasm."-Justin in chat
"One liners are fun. Mine just shit genius."- me

4-25-2012  12:03 AM  
 Lucsteria
 User

Apr. 4, 2012

I went ahead and nervously requested him on FB after listening to "Behind Closed Doors" and I couldn't agree more, he comes off as a huge asshole. I sent him an email saying that I really liked that record and where I could download it. He never responded. I also notice how much other fans of Big Wolf post on his wall to show how much they loved and appreciated his character but he only ignores them.
 [edited by Lucsteria on 06-21-2012 04:47 PM]
    4-29-2012  5:19 PM  
 Captain Lauren
 User

Dec. 7, 2002

~TeAm BrAnDon~
    5-28-2012  2:13 PM  
 Raven Darkfall
 User

Aug. 26, 2010

He's responds to my messages, and is nice to me on FB. Infact i've found it pretty easy to talk to him, i've ended up having some long weird conversations with him about different artists etc.

Also, I don't mean to offend anyone, but maybe he's one of those people who gets annoyed when being bombarded with "OMG! I <3 U!! MARRY ME!!!" (at the extreme end) and the duplicate "I loved you in [insert movies or show]" comments.

I've never actually said any of that to him. I said things like "I like your work" and "so what projects are you doing now?" I've even told him he looks like a dork a few times lol!

Maybe he's not one for the whole OTT-fangirl/boy thing?

Having said all that, he does often come accross as a bit of a douche - but maybe he's always been like that? (Dare I say, he's a lovable-douche? )

And don't forget people, he's human. At the end of the day he is a normal person. If you want him to respond, why not try striking a conversation with him? (Maybe one that doesn't revolve around something he's been in.....again, no offence to people)
 [edited by Raven Darkfall on 05-28-2012 02:33 PM]
    6-21-2012  4:46 PM  
 Lucsteria
 User

Apr. 4, 2012

Quote:
There's no way he's broke. I see him in a new commercial everyday, and those pay pretty decent actually.

I'm not so sure about that:

Poor guy. I actually feel super bad I really hope he gets himself together or gets discovered again. He's got too much talent to not be recognized
    6-21-2012  10:07 PM  
 StaticSense
 Webmaster

Jul. 6, 2010

He's trying to live an extravagant lifestyle, that's the problem. He should lower his way of living for a bit, just rent out a cheap place, or live out of a motel/hotel for a while until he stacks up cash. Commercials do pay a lot of money, you just have to know how to spend it. I know people that solely live off of being in ads/commercials, and they live well.

I'll split an apartment with him if he wants, I live right next to Toronto
    7-17-2012  5:12 PM  
 Raven Darkfall
 User

Aug. 26, 2010

I agree with you there, he really does need to cut back on the spending.

The other thing is, he's spending too much time trying to get an art carear going. I have friends who are quite well know artists now,(well, withing the Pagan and fantasy communities I guess) and are gaining ever more interest.
But it took them YEARS to get where they are now. They also had to find another job to keep afloat.

It's really hard to make a living as an artist, but Danny seems to think he can just walk straight into it and that he'll be rolling in the money. Thing is, he has chosen a style that isn't all that popular with most people, and the fact that there are soooo many Banksy wannabes out there, really doesn't help.

Eh, poor guy. Hope he manages to get his act together (no pun intended) and sort his life out.
    7-19-2012  1:37 AM  
 Lucsteria
 User

Apr. 4, 2012

Honestly, I don't find his artwork too impressive. It's definitely not worth the prices he sells them for (considering the physical dimensions). It's really just a bunch of stenciled and overly-hype, multi-media stuff with just too much going on. I feel like sometimes he insults other artists who have done exceptionial work for years in their craft by just imitating them (Banksy, Picasso, Basqiuat. Etc.) just a copy cat, really.

Please understand that I'm not by any means belittling Danny and his accomplishments, I just don't understand why he keeps referring to himself as "the greatest" and blah blah blah. 

Maybe if he were a lot less arrogant and more humble, he'd see plenty of doors open up for him. He should be more aggressive in his business and try to hone his skills more as an actor and musician. Unfortunately, art and business don't fare well together. 

Time to find a financial advisor, Danny. And ease up off the "Hollywood lifestyle" mentality. 
    11-22-2012  11:41 PM  
 werewolftravis
 User

Sep. 29, 2001

this really doesnt surprise me, i wish the best for him
    1-12-2014  9:52 AM  
 Mert0n J Dingle
 User

Nov. 8, 2003

Wow, I've had a completely different experience with him. When I made a fanpage for Merton on FB, Danny found and liked it before anyone else did. I told him I was a fan (but didn't attack him with overly-fanboy stuff. Just, that he's been an idol of mine, and he was absolutely appreciative that I was a fan of his work. Great guy. They say don't meet your heroes, and I have had bad experience with celebs (To the point where I might come off as rude and ignore them if I see them in public, I only approach them at meet and greets) but Danny has been the complete opposite. And I was pretty stoked that he was the one to contact me.
    1-16-2014  9:23 PM  
 Raven Darkfall
 User

Aug. 26, 2010

He really is a nice guy. But even now, he's not swimming in the dough, yet splurges on expensive tech and basketball tickets as if he were.

I admit, it's way too easy to slip into bad spending habits when you have the extra cash. I did when I got a really well-paying job for a while.
But when they went bust, and everyone was laid off, I had to make myself cut right back and rethink my financial position.
I saw things, or heard about events/concerts and thought "DO WANT!!" - but then had to reel myself in and tell myself "Well, I can do that...or I can pay rent and eat....hmmm? how long can a human go without food before they start digesting themself?" (lol)

Even when things have picked up a bit, I've had to really restrain myself.

I'm only 23, and have only really had to deal with this sort of thing for about 4 years (After college etc)
Danny is 40 - he should be able to exert way better control of his finances by now.
The dude needs to be realistic and really sort himself out. Still continue the art, but focus on other aspects of his career too.

((By the way, my artist friends I mentioned way back in this thread, have hit a decline over the last 2 years.
They are more well known now, but it doesn't mean business is doing that great....a lot of artists are struggling so much in current economic climates, that some have had to get a second job - pushing their original intended careers into the 'hobby' section of their lives. :[ ))
    1-21-2014  9:31 PM  
 kkhaos38
 User

Jan. 21, 2014

No way he is broke. He won over $31,000 on the Price is Right.
    3-21-2014  10:59 AM  
 areyouforcereal
 User

Mar. 21, 2014

I don't know

I have him on Instagram and he just posted a picture showing everyone that he's a member of the "Louis Vitton club". He also posts pictures of different trips he's taking within the next year. He doesn't seem too broke.
    3-22-2014  5:46 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

He's what I like to call hipster broke.

my mind

3-30-2014  10:51 AM  
 kkhaos38
 User

Jan. 21, 2014

He posts pic of alot of shit he buys. Like paintings of Jay-Z
    5-30-2015  6:23 PM  
 kkhaos38
 User

Jan. 21, 2014

Still no word on a new album.
    8-12-2015  12:38 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

I doubt it'll happen any time soon. He seems to be focusing on his art at the moment and he has, right now, a steady paycheck coming in from doing voice work for Fugget About It.

my mind