bigwolfoncampus.org | Forum | Actors And Stuff | Suck
bigwolfoncampus.org » forum » actors and stuff » suck

Author   Thread: Suck 
    2-10-2009  1:19 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

First set visit report from Fangoria:

"“Chicks dig me,” sneers Beef (Moby), the shaven-headed self-proclaimed “biggest rock star in Buffalo” as he pushes aside Hugo (Chris Ratz), the spindly roadie for down-and-out rock band The Winners. Marching to his doom down a filthy corridor leading to the dimly lit motel room where the cold white embrace of Jennifer (Jessica Paré), The Winners’ incandescently beautiful bass player, awaits him, Beef will find that while chicks may dig him, this one will love him to death.

And even beyond death. As the phrase goes, rock and roll is indeed a vicious game.

This week, filming will wrap on the Toronto set of Capri Films’ SUCK, with Fango having enjoyed unprecedented access to all but three days of the shoot. Writer/director Rob (PHIL THE ALIEN) Stefaniuk, who also stars as the band’s frontman Joey, hopes to bypass the curse of “vampire rock star” genre clichés with a witty flick that is unequivocally a rock-and-roll movie with vampires, rather than a more stock-in-trade vampire movie with rock-and-roll. Rounding out the lead cast with Canadian actors Mike Lobel and Paul Anthony (who join Paré and Ratz to play the band), SUCK also stars Malcolm McDowell as vampire slayer Eddie Van Helsig (yep, that's how it's spelled), Burning Brides frontman Dimitri Coates as immortal predator Queenie, who changes The Winners’ lives forever with his bite, and Dave (NETHERBEAST INCORPORATED) Foley as the group’s archetypically sleazy manager. Firmly anchoring the film in the horror genre without reservation are makeup artists Jordan (GINGER SNAPS) Samuel and Colin Penman, from SAW V and the as-yet officially untitled new George A. Romero zombie opus.

Further separating SUCK from the current crop of dewy, post-adolescent romantic TWILIGHT-hour vampire fare is a perfect storm of cameos by classic rock stars, also including Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Henry (WRONG TURN 2) Rollins, Carole Pope of Rough Trade and Alex Lifeson of Rush. And for the first time ever, Cooper (playing a sinister bartender) will appear opposite his daughter, dancer Calico Cooper, who plays a barmaid.

“I love the mixture of horror and humor,” says Cooper, who stops just short of calling Stefaniuk a genius in this specific area. “And what’s cooler than a vampire?” Adds Lobel, “Rob’s omniscient.” He notes that there are pieces of Stefaniuk (also a musician, and co-author, with John Kastner, of seven of the film’s 11 original tracks) in every one of the characters. “I love the fact that this is a rock-and-roll road movie.”

All of the musicians claim to have been drawn to the wit of Sefaniuk’s script and its not-too-subtle parallels between the wretched life of a couch-surfing rock band, who roam the night in search of fame in bars that stink of beer and cigarette smoke, and the eternal night of the vampire, who roams the night in search of blood. At The Winners’ level, the line between predator (either bloodsucking monsters who take 10 percent of nothing in the form of agent fees, or vampires) and prey is, at best, nebulous.

SUCK, produced by Robin Crumley, Jeff Rogers and Victoria Hirst and executive-produced by Gabriella (NIGHTBREED) Martinelli, is slated for release in the fall of 2009. Look for lots more of Fango’s location coverage here and in the magazine’s pages."

my mind

"We're all gay inside."- Justin
"My man parts squee'd in happiness."-Justin
"You make God cry at his puny orgasm."-Justin in chat
"One liners are fun. Mine just shit genius."- me

[edited by Bodacious Ta Ta on 09-07-2010 12:11 PM]
    3-16-2009  7:42 PM  
 medb_of_light
 User

Mar. 26, 2001

This write up got me hot.

3-16-2009  7:49 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Yeah it could either be really bad or really good.

my mind

3-16-2009  8:34 PM  
 medb_of_light
 User

Mar. 26, 2001

OR really good at being really bad. That's always something to look for.

3-17-2009  4:02 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

Is this going to be released nationally? Does anyone know?
    9-07-2010  9:31 AM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Caps from the Blu of Danny's scene.

my mind

[edited by Bodacious Ta Ta on 09-07-2010 09:40 AM]
    9-08-2010  1:32 AM  
 Spooka Lupa
 User

Jun. 13, 2002

I betcha he plays an obnoxious clerk. DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

His characters are incapable of untucking their shirts, aren't they?
    9-08-2010  8:03 AM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Only slightly. He was hitting on the vamp, asked her if she'd like a suck and well...yeah. I'd have killed him too if some obnoxious twit said that to me when I asked for a drink.

my mind

10-13-2010  9:01 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

I'm slowly writing a review now. Click on that thumbnail for a slightly higher resolution version of one of those shots:

10-13-2010  11:30 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Damn you and your 1080. *shakes fist*

my mind

10-15-2010  6:36 PM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Awesome review. I will admit that initially I didn't really care for the movie. Now that I've seen it a couple more times the damn thing starts to grow on you. And yeah, Flesh And Bone is the stand out song in the whole thing, found myself bopping along to it in the car the other day. >_<

my mind

10-15-2010  11:13 PM  
 Adam
 Webmaster

Jul. 17, 2000

Thanks!
    10-16-2010  9:30 AM  
 Dutchy
 User

Jun. 25, 2010

I think it says a awful lot about the world we live in that the vampire chick uses a f*cking straw to suck 'Jerry' dry.
    10-29-2010  8:04 PM  
 Raven Darkfall
 User

Aug. 26, 2010

Bought my copy a few weeks ago. The first time I had to go i the shop and say "I reserved suck, do you have it?" the guy raised an eyebrow and said "can you have suck? well yeah but - OH! the movie? not in yet" and grinned

Second time (when it was actually there) I told the girl I was "here for suck" and she grinned (sh was meant to) she opened the box (it had just arrived) and found my name on the top DVD she said "Ooh! lucky, you get the first suck"
I couldn't help but laugh. Then she got the next out, withher name and said "oh good, i get the second suck....thought i'd have to wait till last"
You should have seen the look on the guy in the cue's face! Classic!!
    12-30-2010  9:26 AM  
 Bodacious Ta Ta
 User

Jul. 15, 2002

Suck is now available on Netflix's instant stream until Feb. 2012.

http://instantwatcher.com/titles/160453

my mind